Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 28, 2022
I signed up for a 1 week trial with Apple TV+ which expires tomorrow. Yesterday I bought a new iPhone that came with 3 months free Apple TV+. I've redeemed the 3 months free and my renewal date is 17th January, but the subscription just shows the 1 week trial and doesn't mention anything about 3 months free.

Do these two offers stack?

I know that certain offers can't be stacked (e.g. 1 year free Apple TV+ can't be stacked with the 3 months), but what about the normal 7 day trial?

Thanks

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 28, 2022
UPDATE: Just spoke to Apple Support over chat. Apparently I am eligible for the 3 month free offer even if I've redeem the 7 day free trial. The person I spoke to wasn't sure why, just that the system allowed it and I wouldn't be charged until January. I'll take it.

Reactions: fp99 and 0128672

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Reactions: ISignedUpToAskThis

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 28, 2022

Lilguystuff

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2023
I signed up for a 1 week trial with Apple TV+ which expires tomorrow. Yesterday I bought a new iPhone that came with 3 months free Apple TV+. I've redeemed the 3 months free and my renewal date is 17th January, but the subscription just shows the 1 week trial and doesn't mention anything about 3 months free.

Do these two offers stack?

I know that certain offers can't be stacked (e.g. 1 year free Apple TV+ can't be stacked with the 3 months), but what about the normal 7 day trial?

Thanks
So I was reading your question here cause I was looking for the same thing. I'm at the end of a 1 year free trial with Apple+, and I just bought an iPad, so I wanted to know if I could stack the 3 months on top of the 1 year.
Everywhere I read that you can't stack, but it's sort of not true.
Let me explain.
If you try to redeem a 3 month trial, on top of your 1 year, or 7 day trial, I don't think the system is going to allow the stacking of the trial.
So what I did was, since I only had about 2 weeks left of my 1 year trial with Apple TV+, I cancelled the 1 year trial, created a new Apple ID, changed the ID on the new device, then I deleted Apple TV from my device just to delete all the data from the app, reinstalled the app, and redeemed the 3 months, that was rightfully mine for spending almost $1,200 on my new iPad, and it worked.
I doubted it at first, but it worked.
I think if you try to redeem while you still have an active subscription, it's not going to work.
Plus I created a new Apple ID, and signed in to everything Apple with the new ID..
Hopefully this information could help anyone who reads this thread after me..
Have a great day guys..
God bless..

alexhardaker

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2014
So I was reading your question here cause I was looking for the same thing. I'm at the end of a 1 year free trial with Apple+, and I just bought an iPad, so I wanted to know if I could stack the 3 months on top of the 1 year.
Everywhere I read that you can't stack, but it's sort of not true.
Let me explain.
If you try to redeem a 3 month trial, on top of your 1 year, or 7 day trial, I don't think the system is going to allow the stacking of the trial.
So what I did was, since I only had about 2 weeks left of my 1 year trial with Apple TV+, I cancelled the 1 year trial, created a new Apple ID, changed the ID on the new device, then I deleted Apple TV from my device just to delete all the data from the app, reinstalled the app, and redeemed the 3 months, that was rightfully mine for spending almost $1,200 on my new iPad, and it worked.
I doubted it at first, but it worked.
I think if you try to redeem while you still have an active subscription, it's not going to work.
Plus I created a new Apple ID, and signed in to everything Apple with the new ID..
Hopefully this information could help anyone who reads this thread after me..
Have a great day guys..
God bless..
Rightfully yours? 😂 The terms state that you’re not eligible for the offer that comes with the purchase of a new Apple product if you’ve already used one.

“Everywhere I read that you can't stack, but it's sort of not true.” It is true, but you had to go out of your way and create a new Apple ID to claim the offer, so of course the 3 months free trial was going to work.

What you did isn’t stacking. Apple sees that as a new customer buying their first ever Apple product and creating an Apple ID & then seeing the offer pop up on their iPad screen and activating it.

People have been doing this sort of thing for years with other products to keep getting free trials or offers, it isn’t new.

Reactions: ackmondual

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
Rightfully yours? 😂 The terms state that you’re not eligible for the offer that comes with the purchase of a new Apple product if you’ve already used one.

“Everywhere I read that you can't stack, but it's sort of not true.” It is true, but you had to go out of your way and create a new Apple ID to claim the offer, so of course the 3 months free trial was going to work.

What you did isn’t stacking. Apple sees that as a new customer buying their first ever Apple product and creating an Apple ID & then seeing the offer pop up on their iPad screen and activating it.

People have been doing this sort of thing for years with other products to keep getting free trials or offers, it isn’t new.
Agreed. I wouldn't call this stacking either (despite having a loophole/workaround). IIRC, with something like Hulu, it's worse b/c they won't permit you using the same payment, which means you'll need to put in another credit card.

I've heard some who say unless you get 3 months minimum (if not more, as one person said he'd only do this 8+ month free trial), than the juice isn't worth the squeeze. I guess I could go through with this, but my time has become more valuable (not to mention my watch list and records of what I've seen).

pmiles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2013
A simple one month subscription is far cheaper than a new device not to mention the headaches encountered when changing your Apple ID (in which many of your purchases are locked to... talking iTunes type content here).

Really... no one buys a new Apple device because it comes with a free trial of anything... you're just using that as an excuse to justify not spending a few dollars on a one month subscription.

It's not rocket science... those free trials are for NEW subscribers... you know it, I know it. If you can afford an Apple anything, you can afford a one month subscription.

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
A simple one month subscription is far cheaper than a new device not to mention the headaches encountered when changing your Apple ID (in which many of your purchases are locked to... talking iTunes type content here).

Really... no one buys a new Apple device because it comes with a free trial of anything... you're just using that as an excuse to justify not spending a few dollars on a one month subscription.

It's not rocket science... those free trials are for NEW subscribers... you know it, I know it. If you can afford an Apple anything, you can afford a one month subscription.
Some folks seem to have up to years of these free trials, so for them, that's a lot of value to be missing out on. Otherwise, you buy a few Apple devices that include these trials, and it is a lot of months to years added up. (e.g. iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, some other)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.