Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

photodesign

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2013
Florida
UPDATE: A new product review on Amazon notes the dock does not work when using the Apple leather case.

I am still waiting for my iPhone 5s to arrive, but I received the Belkin Charge and Sync Dock. My concern is the thickness of the case interfering with the Lightning connector.

This is the dock: Belkin Charge and Sync Dock with 8-Pin Lightning Cable Connector for iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c and iPod touch 5th Generation (Silver)

I want to make sure the iPhone 5s will fit in the dock (and charge/sync) while in the Apple leather case.

I'd appreciate any input from anyone who has experience with the case and dock. Thanks!

Last edited:

photodesign

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2013
Florida
No, it does not work. I went on Monday to the Apple store with my new 5s and tried it out. It slides on, but does not go down far enough to make the connection. The clerk took her case off and it connected instantly.

Thanks for the verification that it doesn't fit.

I like the smaller footprint of the Belkin, so I may try to modify the Lightning connector on the base as some Amazon reviewers have recommended.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.