Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daonesteven

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Baltimore, MD
I bought one today and it's a great fit, feel, and look so far. But I heard from reading past threads that this material has a tendency to peel off. Does this still happen to the ones they sell these days? Can people tell me when they got it and its current state?

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2008
I bought one today and it's a great fit, feel, and look so far. But I heard from reading past threads that this material has a tendency to peel off. Does this still happen to the ones they sell these days? Can people tell me when they got it and its current state?

a) umm isn't this something you should have asked BEFORE buying the case

or

b) why did you buy the case if you indeed read all the problems ???

daonesteven

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Baltimore, MD
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

That's not really what I asked but if you wanted to know, it did have raving reviews on the apple site and it's generally one of the more well accepted ones on these forums so I thought I'd give it a try not really knowing what I'm getting into. And if it doesn't turn out to be what I need, then I'll just return it in 14 days

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
I have had my black matte Incase Slider for about 5 months now. I bring it to the gym, I travel with it, I kick it around the block with the kids... no I really don't do that.

But yeah, this thing is flawless, there isn't even a scratch on it let alone peeling paint. I am amazed at the fact that there isn't a scratch, most cases scratch the same day you put them on.

It was a problem at first with them because I did have one that peeled way back in July or so when the phone came out, but they changed something because this baby is flawless.

micsaund

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2004
Colorado, USA
A friend of mine has had the case since last August or so and it still looks good. No major problems - just the normal scuffing that you expect the case to protect the phone from.

jaydez

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2009
I have this case. It is starting to peel in the middle of the back about even with the volume buttons. It is also starting to wear through on the front edges where my thumbs rest. I've only had it for 2 months.

I still really like the case though because the rubbery texture prevents it from sliding around.

ahcl20

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
I purchased one when it became available and returned it two days later because of the peeling issue.

I bought another one 3 weeks ago and no sign of peeling. I think they've fixed the problem.

daonesteven

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Baltimore, MD
i have one now and it's great but knowing that the new one might come out in a couple weeks, i might just go return it in 14 days because i'll probably sell my 3G when the new one's come out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.