Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I got one of the older, battery Bluetooth iMac Magic Keyboards to use with my iPad. I’m just wondering if the newer version of that has the “key feel” that the Magic Keyboard case for the iPad has.

I am okay with the one I have, and not interested in buying new for $100, but if it has a better key feel, I might would just keep my eyes out for a used one.

I am struggling a little with the ASK after using the MK for a while on my iPP - the keys are so different. It’s weird because I used to love that keyboard.

I don’t need anything attached because I’m making a desk setup/workstation, and want a separate keyboard so I can use a stand and have my iPad at a better height.

Just wondering if I should keep my eyes out for the newer version.

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
The key feel of the 2007-2015 wireless Mac keyboard is definitely different than the Mac Magic Keyboard. I haven't used it extensively enough myself to describe the difference, but if you've ever used a butterfly keyboard on an Apple laptop, it's closer to that. It should be approximately the same feel as the current MacBook keyboards. Less travel, flatter keycaps, firmer presses I believe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.