Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hello Mac friends. I've not had the time (or extra iPhone to use should things go south) to replace my cracked screen that's been cracked for almost 2 years now (iPhone 6s Plus).

My screen glass + digitizer replaced (in the photo) which I've stored for 2 years now but now I truly need to replace it but I wanted to ask if this blue things is just a cover or is that going to have an adhesive already (I can't ask the seller, I forgot from whom I bought it online) or do I need to drop a whole bottle of the UV activate glue called TP-1000 which I have, it's about 1 to 1.5 years old (the thinnest UV glue that's crystal clear, made for glass, they say)? Or do I just peel that blue film and it has glue under it already (after removing the cracked glass and cleaning the LCD itself w/ 99% isorpropyl alcohol I believe). May I be successful at this DIY (I probably should have just bought the whole LCD, Digitizer and glass as a set but it's I'm successful it'll the most cost effective way going forward- I won't buy thin cases anymore even if it's thin armor (if it's the full thick armor types cases I will), or glass tempered protection- it's useless against parking lot cement even at waist height. It's just best to use that budget for a new screen).

Thank you in advance.

iPhone 6s Plus Replacement Glass.jpg

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I'm not following your post. Are you saying your going to reuse your digitizer and lcd and only replace the glass or that you purchased a complete assembly? If your going to replace only the glass you may want to rethink your idea. You should watch the many YouTube videos on the procedure and decide if you want to attempt the repair. Special equipment is needed to make the repair including a machine that removes all the bubbles from under the glass by creating a strong vacuum..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.