Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RayBir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2019
Sweden
Hi.
I have made a full backup with Time Machine onto an external HDD.
If i, for example need to restore everything from "that particular" backup, will i have to fill in all the passwords and serial-numbers for every application i have? Like my "Adobe CS6 Extended" package for instance? (I cant afford the update to CC).
Will the backup put everything back to as it was at time of backup without me having to re-install everything...etc?

That is my question :D Sorry if its been asked before, but i couldn't find anything.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
No, if you successfully backed everything up and then later on had to restore that backup, it would put everything back as it was before. You should not have to reinstall or reactivate packages such as Adobe or MS Office. That assumes you're restoring to the same hardware.

RayBir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2019
Sweden
No, if you successfully backed everything up and then later on had to restore that backup, it would put everything back as it was before. You should not have to reinstall or reactivate packages such as Adobe or MS Office. That assumes you're restoring to the same hardware.
Thanks for the quick response :)

Well, that's good to know. Kind of like a "mirror image" i guess?
Yes, restoring to the same hardware would be the scenario of course.

Thanks again, that put my mind at rest ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.