Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does upgrading to macOS mojave break development environments?

• Total voters

MightyMN

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2009
Xcode is miraculously running on my late 2008 MBP in Mojave and I'm able to deploy to my iPhone XS!

The only issue I've seen thus far is the iPhone XS Max simulator does not seem to work, however I suspect this is either a general issue or due to limited RAM/GPU/old hardware (I've only got 8GB RAM).

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
I got nginx, brew, mysql and node installed on my machine, hopefully all will work after upgade, if not, I'll probably do a clean install and manually get all the stuff up and running then.

TokMok3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2015
Xcode is miraculously running on my late 2008 MBP in Mojave and I'm able to deploy to my iPhone XS!

The only issue I've seen thus far is the iPhone XS Max simulator does not seem to work, however I suspect this is either a general issue or due to limited RAM/GPU/old hardware (I've only got 8GB RAM).

I can confirm that Xcode running a simulator with safari running at the same time eats more than 8GB of ram, some how the system manages to keep running.

BookEmDanno

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2010
State of ~Aloha!~
Xcode 10.1 beta is now available. Anyone able to download it yet? And if so, any issues? ~Mahalo!~

Update: I was able to download and install Xcode 10.1 beta.
Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 11.14.22 PM.png
FYI

Reactions: DaniloGeekDude
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.