Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
I’ve noticed that whenever I plug my iPhone XS it almost immediately gets significantly warmer. I don’t recall this being an issue with my X. — Is this happening to your phone as well?

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
mine no doesn't get warm while charging with ipad charger

That’s what I’m using as well. It’s the 12W iPad charger + an Anker cable. Same ones I used with my iPhone X and didn’t have any heat issues then.

Any idea what could be causing this?

one_tech

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2018
Canada
That’s what I’m using as well. It’s the 12W iPad charger + an Anker cable. Same ones I used with my iPhone X and didn’t have any heat issues then.

Any idea what could be causing this?

try charging in cool room and don’t use it while charge but if still heat go to apple store to check ur phone while heat

Scott G.

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2016
Amsterdam, NY
All devices with lithium ion batteries get warm while charging. If it's scalding hot, then it may be a problem. If it's just a little warm, you're fine.

AppleB

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
I have the Max and not noticing anything different from my previous iPhones as far as heat from charging.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
My Xs Max is cooler charging than any phone I’ve had before. 8+, 6s+, 6+. When using MacBook Pro charger it gets warm but not hot. (Rapid charging). My wife’s iPhone rapid charges a lot. Mine spends most of its life on a wireless charger or plugged into the car. Mine never gets warm to the touch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newtons Apple
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.