Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VOGUEx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
i was playing a cd and then my macbook started..vibrating... is it normal? or is it not? I was really surprised when it started vibrating, I was like what the hell is going on here then i remembered i was playing a cd...this happen to anyone else?

dooker777

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2007
OK, I can't resist: When I play my Latin Jazz CDs, I know *I* shake a little :)

Seriously: is your MB uneven? or your desk/table uneven? It could be that simple. See if you can reproduce the shake on different surfaces. If so, then you should take it in.

aliquis-

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
I don't know and I don't care, proably the disc which has a little uneven weight distribution.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
If a disc is not symmetrical it may cause a 'wobble' because one side of the disc is heavier.

Also those crappy stick on labels that you can buy and print onto are the number one cause of wobbly discs.

If a client sends a disc with any kind of sticky label on I refuse to put it in my machine.

One they can come off and spanner your drive.

Two the glue can burn through the top layer and damage the data area which can also damage your laser.

Three if the disc is very uneven the disc is at risk of coming loose in the drive when spinning causing major damage.

All three have happened to me over my career.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.