Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgbetts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
Hey guys, I bought the C&C 3 game for my mac years ago and love it. However, I bought a new MBA late last year with Maverick and currently have version 10.9.2 and now C&C 3 crashes and doesn't start. It just gets stuck on the desktop with the C&C 3 rectangle logo (see pic) that comes up before the game is meant to start.

I was wondering if anyone has come up with a way of sorting this problem out? And if so, how do can I sort it?

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 11.16.07.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 11.16.07.png
    387.2 KB · Views: 1,143
Last edited:

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Hey guys, I bought the C&C 3 game for my mac years ago and love it. However, I bought a new MBA late last year with Maverick and currently have version 10.9.2 and now C&C 3 crashes and doesn't start. It just gets stuck on the desktop with the C&C 3 rectangle logo (see pic) that comes up before the game is meant to start.

I was wondering if anyone has come up with a way of sorting this problem out? And if so, how do can I sort it?

Thanks guys.

Is it version 1.09 or 1.08?

Might be worth reapplying the patch. http://www.gamefront.com/files/8879782/C_C_3__Tiberium_Wars_v1_09_Patch__MAC_

mgbetts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 17.03.05.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 17.03.05.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 833

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion. I did only have version 1.06 of the game. I downloaded the patch, but I couldn't install it. A message (see pic attached) kept coming up. I tried uninstalling C&C3 and trying it again, but the same happened.

Looks like you bought the torrented version, as the unofficial version comes up with that error message. The official version will patch no problem.

I'd reinstall the official version through Origin for Mac, as that should be the latest version anyway.

Miharu

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
Finland
I still have a copy of C&C 3 for Mac, can you use the cd key on that to unlock the game on Origin?

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
I'd reinstall the official version through Origin for Mac, as that should be the latest version anyway.

Unless they just re-released it that game is not available on Origin for some reason. The first Dragon Age isn't either even though both games are EA titles.

Also, you won't find Red Alert 3 on Origin.

It's all Sims 3 and some (not all) Feral releases and little else on Origin at least for the time being.

mgbetts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
Looks like you bought the torrented version, as the unofficial version comes up with that error message. The official version will patch no problem.

I have bought the game (see picture), I am quite sure it looks official. It looks official enough!

I have tried uninstalling and installing a few times and the code work on the back of the manual works. I guess there isn't anything I can do to make it work?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-13 at 15.15.05.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-13 at 15.15.05.png
    428 KB · Views: 1,016

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
I have bought the game (see picture), I am quite sure it looks official. It looks official enough!

I have tried uninstalling and installing a few times and the code work on the back of the manual works. I guess there isn't anything I can do to make it work?

I would suggest looking inside the app to find a Cider folder and looking inside there to find a Cider updater app and running it. That might help. At one point I needed to do this for Warhammer Online which is also a Cider app to get it to start up. Before I ran the Cider updater it would not launch successfully.

I don't own this but I'm pretty sure it is a Cider app isn't it? Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

I hope this helps. If not, I would contact EA support and also check their support pages on their site in case you can find something that way. Otherwise if you haven't hit Google yet looking for info you might try that too.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011

Hello matey, really sorry for my unwarranted and inaccurate accusation. Might be best to try patch from 1.06 to 1.08, and then from there patch from 1.08 to 1.09?

Cheers and sorry again.

mgbetts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
Hello matey, really sorry for my unwarranted and inaccurate accusation. Might be best to try patch from 1.06 to 1.08, and then from there patch from 1.08 to 1.09?

Cheers and sorry again.

Don't worry no offence taken. I just want to get it working so I can play! Thanks for the suggestion.

mgbetts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013

Cheers and sorry again.

Thanks guys. I updated it to 1.08 and then 1.09, and it is now working! Much appreciated guys!

Riflehero

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2014
Patch 1.06 to 1.08

Hey guys, Thank you for starting this thread first of all but i encountered a minor problem as where to find the 1.08 patch. The link in the thread is only for 1.09, can anyone link me to the 1.08 as i cannot find a mac version at all?

All help is appreciated, thank you!

Jarrydlm

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2014
1.08 not working

My 1.08 patch doesnt seem to be working - anyone able to explain to me how to load it, get it to work properly?

fotmasta

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2017
Berkeley
If you look at the logs in the Console app, you'll see the error with the 1.0.8 patch. There's a missing dylib.
If you put that in place it solves that problem, but then you run into a bunch of new errors.

I guess there's no 1.0.7 patch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.