Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZhenyaF

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I have 2 dogs and their hair is stuck in my sport loop band. I’ve tried washing it in the washing machine, but it didn’t help much with the hair removal. Any suggestions?

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2018
How about those sticky roller things, that you can get from Ikea?

They usually "pull off" most things like that.

ZhenyaF

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
How about those sticky roller things, that you can get from Ikea?

They usually "pull off" most things like that.

great idea, not sure why I didnt think of it...will try it when I get home

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
I have two golden retrievers. I don‘t think there’s anything I own that doesn’t have dog hair in or on it, despite daily grooming and my vacuuming. The sticky rollers help a lot, I buy them in bulk when Costco has them on sale. When a hair sometimes wriggles deep into the sport loops, I play surgeon and carefully tease it out with a toothpick or one of those dental picks, or in extreme cases, my needle-nosed tweezers (being very careful not to pull on a loop).

ZhenyaF

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I have two golden retrievers. I don‘t think there’s anything I own that doesn’t have dog hair in or on it, despite daily grooming and my vacuuming. The sticky rollers help a lot, I buy them in bulk when Costco has them on sale. When a hair sometimes wriggles deep into the sport loops, I play surgeon and carefully tease it out with a toothpick or one of those dental picks, or in extreme cases, my needle-nosed tweezers (being very careful not to pull on a loop).
tweezers! 💡

ZhenyaF

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Tweezers helped getting the ones slightly sticking out, some are imbedded in the fibers

Did it help?

the roller helped a bit, I then did the tweezers, but there are still a bunch of small hairs. Still havent tried the toothbrush

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2018
Tweezers helped getting the ones slightly sticking out, some are imbedded in the fibers

the roller helped a bit, I then did the tweezers, but there are still a bunch of small hairs. Still havent tried the toothbrush
Good luck with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.