Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

P51

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
So I'm not sure what causes this but me and my gf have read recipts turned on, but sometimes I don't understand what's going on. (Sometimes happens to me sometimes to her)

So let's say I send her a text. On my end it will say delivered. Next thing I know I get a text back from her. But the thing is my original message still only says delivered. Which is impossible because she had to open the app to reply which would make it read correct? I then send a response back and it will say read when she does read it.

This sometimes happens to her with me too. Any idea what causes this? We aren't jailbroken so it's not like we use a quick reply.

Just sent my gf a text to see if it would do it. This is what happens

http://m.imgur.com/htAkaYs

Last edited:

Xenc

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2010
London, England
This may be due to a poor connection on one or both sides that is delaying the sending/receiving of the read receipt.

P51

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
This may be due to a poor connection on one or both sides that is delaying the sending/receiving of the read receipt.

Sometimes there is a pretty big gap though. Like an hour. That would mean one of us had bad connection for an hour?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.