Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Have you returned your 2016 MacBook Pro? -what model and why?

• 13" nTB - Yes, poor battery life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13" nTB - Yes, other reason

• 13" nTB - No, I have no major issues with my computer

• 13" TB - Yes, Poor battery life

• 13" TB - Yes other reason

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 13" TB - No, I have no major issues with my computer

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 15" TB - Yes, poor battery life

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 15" TB - Yes, other reason

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 15" TB - No, I have no major issues with my computer

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Yes - 13" nTB

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovedius

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 2, 2012
Norway
Quite a few posters here are unhappy with their new Macs.
Mostly due to battery complaints, but there are other complaints as well.
So I thought it would be fun to try and register how many have actually gone through with it.
-and register what model and why, just for funsies.

I would like this to be a purely objective headcount, so attend the poll and leave a quick comment as to why you've returned your Mac -and if you've returned more than one 2016 Pro

This is not the thread to either attack those who are displeased with or those who love Apple's latest and greatest.
So please leave your salty attitude at the door, keep your trolling jabs and flame baiting to yourself.

Poor manners will be reported :p

Jefe's MacAir

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2010
Yes, and no. I did mark "yes for other reasons". I returned a perfectly working base tb 13" for a 512 GB version. With all issues "everyone" 'seems' to be having, I was a bit reluctant to return my 'seemingly' unicorn of a perfectly working machine. Luckily for me, I was able to first purchase the 512 before migrating and returning the 256 version. Both were near identical in performance, which is very respectable Geekbench numbers, and battery life.

So my overall experience with two off the shelf machines has been more than stellar.

Definitely recommend. Two thumbs up. 4.5 out of 5 stars. < It could be thinner, lighter, more battery life, cheaper, faster, sexier, status symbolizery, ...

dyn

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2009
.nl
I strongly suggest you change this poll as there are 3 issues with it:
  1. you seem to be suggesting that there aren't any people that have no issues with the device (which from the real life experiences thread seems to be untrue)
  2. you also suggest that batterylife is the only reason to return the notebook yet as we can see from various posts here that there are other reasons (which you know since you mention it in your first post)
  3. none of the options in the poll allows for answering the question "why?"
Keep it simple and change it to model and either a yes or a no. Let people explain in the topic why they've returned it. That would be more useful and helpful.

raqball

macrumors 68020
Sep 11, 2016
I returned by 13" TB for a 13" nTB.. The TB I had was having several issues with screen glitch, TB glitch and it got terrible battery life.. I am happy with the nTB that I now have expect that it only has 2 ports...

Ovedius

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 2, 2012
Norway
...you seem to be suggesting that there aren't any people that have no issues with the device (which from the real life experiences thread seems to be untrue)
Oh no, wasn't my point at all.

...you also suggest that batterylife is the only reason to return the notebook yet as we can see from various posts here that there are other reasons (which you know since you mention it in your first post
The battery-people are the most vocal, at the time, so I figured it would be easiest to give them their own poll choice and let the others post their specific "whys".

I strongly suggest you change this poll...

Crap, tried editing it, can't delete options. I'm making a new, simpler poll. This one stinks.
[doublepost=1482784831][/doublepost]NEW POLL:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/have-you-returned-your-2016-pro.2024058/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.