Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
If you consider that Apple will want media there from around the country, doesn't it seem odd no invitations have been sent?

I'm starting to think if no invitations to out tomorrow (Friday), the likelihood of an event on the 26/27th is becoming low?

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2006
I think they have sent out invites as little as a week in advance before.

On a side note; how important is it for the press to physically be there? Won't this all be bullet points on a press release? As the majority of the public arn't interested in the filler that goes on at these events.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
The media will be wetting their pants to get to any event Apple announces right now

They don't need to give any warning
They can play it as close to the vest as they want

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Standard Apple form is to give 1 weeks notice. I'd imagine pundits are going to follow Andy Ihnatko's lead & prebook travel on the offchance.

Apple's happy to see these rumours simmering. Their PR is all over this.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
I could see Apple rolling the SDK event, OS 4.0, with the Slate announcement. We'll see. They kind of let the 4.0 cat out of the bag by demoing the Slate.

apple.net

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2010
According to the timeline of last iPod event on 9/9/2009, invitations can be expected this coming Monday.

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
Well I got my invitation... but unfortunately it is for my son's friends birthday party. But I was planning on using it to get into the Apple event -- no one will notice, will they? Oh yeah, I live in my own little fantasy world. :D

mkelly

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2007
If you consider that Apple will want media there from around the country, doesn't it seem odd no invitations have been sent?

Every single tech journalist/blogger is chomping at the bit to get the dirt on the tablet, and I can guarantee you that they've got the 26th and 27th set aside. Apple could send the invites the day before and the room would be at least 3/4s full.

As others have said, Apple tends to send invites out a week in advance. Plenty of time yet.

Now, if they'd just remember to send me one... ;)

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
I actually wondered the same thing earlier today. I looked at 8 announcements of events on Engadget and found that the most common number of days between the announcement of the event and the event itself is 7. Also, the most common day for them to announce an event I found to be tuesday, so I'm putting money on this tuesday, the 20th for them to announce the January 27th event. Oh! And also, Engadget also posted Apple's announcement of an event between 12-1:30 PM EST every time, so I'm assuming Apple sends out the invites at noon every time EST.

~AceFernalld

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Apple hasn't demoed anything yet, so there's no guarantee the "Slate" is running iPhone OS 4.0 and not some other new OS X variation. It's all just a big pile of sh... peculation. :D

oops - there should be a "will" in there ;)

I've seen better speculation here, than from half the actual "true reporting" from papers etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.