Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPad Bro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2021
I just received my Doqo keyboard for my 11” iPad Pro. I am having 1 really bad problem with it, though. The trackpad keeps bringing up the app viewer/switcher (whatever it is) when I am doing the 2 finger swipe to scroll down, and I’m not sure if it’s me or the keyboard. Maybe I’m doing the scrolling wrong? Can someone please help me? I really like the Doqo keyboard except for that one small annoying problem.

NOTE: It doesn’t do it all the time when I’m scrolling, but what is the gesture to open the app switcher? I think I am accidentally doing it without not realizing it.

iPad Bro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2021
I think what’s happening is that I’m accidentally scrolling down with my middle finger and it’s opening the apps running in the background. Is there a way to get around this or to actually turn it off completely? Like this gesture or maybe all gestures if I wanted?

Reactions: eyeseeyou

iPad Bro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2021
I guess I’ll just have to get used to making sure that two fingers are on the trackpad. It’s kinda annoying, but the keyboard is well worth it.

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
I think what’s happening is that I’m accidentally scrolling down with my middle finger and it’s opening the apps running in the background. Is there a way to get around this or to actually turn it off completely? Like this gesture or maybe all gestures if I wanted?

UPDATE: I just realized I'm in the iPad forum. What I just said is probably only tangentially relevant.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you describe the action, but if it's Mission Control where it looks like you've zoomed out backwards 10 times to get a birds eye view of your open desktop apps, then yes you can turn that off. You can turn it off in the gestures section of your track pad settings.

If the exact action or gesture isn't configurable to your liking, you can always turn it off and use a third party program that allows you to define your own gestures galore. I use BetterTouchTool (BTT).

iPad Bro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2021
Thanks for trying to help me. It’s like if I try to move down the page with one finger the apps open in the background pop up on my screen every single time. It’s starting to frustrate me. Lol.

iPad Bro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2021
After having trouble with the keyboard, a Amazon CS rep was nice enough to 2nd day air me a replacement and there’s a few things different. First off, it was actually sealed with plastic. Secondly, there was plastic coverings on the keyboard’s outside which the first did not have. The trackpad instantly works MUCH better than the first one. I am really happy. I have triggered the App Switcher a few times, but it’s probably the way I am scrolling down the page with my fingers. But I must sing the praises of Amazon for making this right. This keyboard is awesome now.

Reactions: eyeseeyou

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
My experience with these bluetooth trackpad keyboards is that the trackpad is pretty wonky and inconsistent. With the smart connector keyboards you don't have to be as careful when using it.

I think what you're experiencing is just the experience you get with these types of products.

Unsurprisingly the Bluetooth apple magic trackpad works just as good as the trackpad on my MacBook.

iPad Bro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2021
Yeah, I ended up sending both back because instead of bringing up multitasking with three fingers up, it would do it with one or two fingers do we n, so scrolling was almost impossible. The keyboard was nice looking, but yeah. I bought another Zagg Pro Keys keyboard without a trackpad, but after Christmas I might invest in a more lavish keyboard. Logitech’s Combo Touch looks really nice, but I was reading an old thread and many were experiencing issues. What would you guys suggest? Just save for the Magic Keyboard? I seen a lot of videos on YouTube recommending the Officelab, but it’s Bluetooth.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
I just bought the Magic Keyboard last week and I LOVE it! It’s just like I’m on my old MacBook Pro.
I loved the typing experience on the magic keyboard, but there were too many limitations for my usage, mainly for the price I expected media keys on the keyboard. Secondly, since I use my iPad as a tablet more than a laptop, I need it in a protective case. There are a limited number of compatible cases that work with the magic keyboard, and they're expensive and thin. I also need this case to have a apple pencil holder built in.

Every time I come across a good deal on someone selling their magic keyboard, I reach out then remember I'd need to also buy a case and pass on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.