Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trmatek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2019
I have an issue with installing OSX Mojave from @dosdude1 on some of my computers. I am a reseller so I deal with a lot of computers. This has only happened to a few but I haven't been able to reinstall a OS on the computer after accidentally ending the update abruptly. I had a couple turn off because of low battery or maybe I accidentally unplugged the power cord or something similar during install of the OS. Because of that the computers do not boot up to the operating system even after I re install the OS.

I can use other boot options like the OSX install screen after holding the Option key and that all works fine. The problem only happens when I let the computer try to boot into the OS. Is there a way to uninstall the dosdude firmware? It seems to me like I can probably get it back to OEM if I can do that. I haven't been able to find anything on the net yet. Maybe a option to uninstall all dosdude firmware would be good for situations like this.

Post image

Post image

The computer stays at a white screen or does not load all the way.
I have tried reinstalling
Upgrading the Installation Patch from DosDude
Tried installing other OS.... windows 10 seems to work fine with no issues.
Option+Command+R+P
Changing Ram & Hard Drives & Install USBs
Maybe Corrupt Bios or firmware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.