Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dedosmetros

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2023
What is the most stable version of dosdude1 catalina patch for a MacBook pro 5.4 mid 2009 with El Capitan?

Reactions: K two

dedosmetros

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2023
v1.4.7 🧐
In version V1.4.7. I'm having trouble running Google Chrome and other browsers, plus the videos contained in Microsoft PowerPoint presentations, can't be played within the application, plus the presentations don't work properly. What do you recommend?

Trallo trallo

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2023
Hi all,
I have a MacBook White Unibody, 13", Mid 2010, 2,4 GHz Core 2 Duo.
I managed to upgrade to Catalina thanks to the Dosdude1 work.

I bought this white Macbook for my sister as she needs to take online exams, but by coincidence the only way it is with Chrome linked with lockdown browser. Google Chrome is not working anymore, so she is waiting for me (we live in different cities) to solve her problem with Chrome.

Now, circa one year ago, I downloaded the two patches: library validation and video etc. and the computer could not boot anymore, stuck at a blank white screen. I managed to boot from the USB Catalina and downgraded the Mac without the patches. So, I am puzzled now: To fix Chrome, do I need to use the sudo nvram boot-args=amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1 as dosdude1 explains without problems?
I need to upgrade only the library validation patch maybe after one year dosdude corrected the error?
Let me know, so I can instruct my sister and guide her via video call. Thank you very much. Trallo

K two

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2018
North America
In version V1.4.7. I'm having trouble running Google Chrome and other browsers, plus the videos contained in Microsoft PowerPoint presentations, can't be played within the application, plus the presentations don't work properly. What do you recommend?
Never used Chrome w/dosdude1 hacks, always Firefox. NVRAM and SMC resets, making sure all recommended patch updates installed, sudo nvram boot-args=amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1 may be a help, as well. If using Zoom, see the last item in the DD1 FAQ, https://dosdude1.com/catalina/ ;)

Reactions: MBAir2010

ejok.sam

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2024
i have the same problem. Chrome and Firefox both do not run and have a message from MacOS saying cannot open. After many trials, i finally changed the following: System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Accessibility and allow Chrome and Firefox to control your computer. After I save the changes, it all works fine now. For Chrome, you have to wait till MacOs verify the Chrome install and in a old computer, it takes forever. Just be patient, ignore all cannot open software windows and let verify does its job. After MacOS verified, Chrome works. Hope this helps. I do not know if giving chrome and firebox control your computer is too much access for them or not. Don't use this solution if you are not comfortable with letting browser control your computer.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.