Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mconk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Virginia
Haven't seen anyone else mention this, but it looks like on my 6 running 9.1, the 'Double-Click Home Button' feature is not working to bring up Wallet from the lock screen. I've tried toggling the option and doing hard resets, but no dice. Just noticed while out running errands...quite a useful feature when in a hurry!

Can anyone else confirm that this isn't isolated to my device, before I submit a bug report?

Thanks.

mconk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Virginia
Just went down from 9.1 to the official 9.0 out of curiosity. This is still not working on my end...can anyone else confirm?

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
Is it still enabled under Settings > Touch ID? Maybe disabling/enabling helps?

mconk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Virginia
Figured it out, and this is gonna sound ridiculous.

Despite having dozens of loyalty cards in passbook (wallet), the double-click from lock screen will NOT open wallet if you have a debit or credit card in there that has NOT been verified yet. Lol. As soon as I verified my cards, Lo and behold, the shortcut is now working. Unbelievable.

Reactions: Nermal

KKLC

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2015
Chiang Mai
Haven't seen anyone else mention this, but it looks like on my 6 running 9.1, the 'Double-Click Home Button' feature is not working to bring up Wallet from the lock screen. I've tried toggling the option and doing hard resets, but no dice. Just noticed while out running errands...quite a useful feature when in a hurry!

Can anyone else confirm that this isn't isolated to my device, before I submit a bug report?

Thanks.
Just got a brand new iPhone 6s and cannot get the wallet double click to work. Have lots of thugs is like to quick access from there but nothing seems to work.

KKLC

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2015
Chiang Mai

Thanks.

KKLC

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2015
Chiang Mai
I cannot get wallet to come up with "double click" no matter what I try. Brand new iPhone 6s plus. Frustrating!

mconk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Virginia
I cannot get wallet to come up with "double click" no matter what I try. Brand new iPhone 6s plus. Frustrating!
Have you activated Apple Pay? I found out later that this feature does not work until you've activated Apple Pay with a card. At least this was my experience back on the 9.1 betas

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Figured it out, and this is gonna sound ridiculous.

Despite having dozens of loyalty cards in passbook (wallet), the double-click from lock screen will NOT open wallet if you have a debit or credit card in there that has NOT been verified yet. Lol. As soon as I verified my cards, Lo and behold, the shortcut is now working. Unbelievable.
Good grief. Seven years later and this is still an issue! Just got a new phone, and double-clicking Home would not pop Wallet up. Sigh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.