Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sandman112

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2016
I've only recently installed the GM of IOS11 on my 6s, however every email that is sent to my gmail exchange account (or gmail for business) get notified twice on Apple Watch, this only seems to affect gmail account, I also have an @me.com address that seems to work fine (not used very often though)

emails are only appearing once on all other devices, MacBook, iPhone, iPad, just the watch that getting 2 emails ... and only on the gmail account ...

tried all sorts so far, repairing, removing account, reseting everything changing setting in iOS and on gmail servers (what I can find anyway)

however ... there are a few oddities that I've noticed

if the iPhone is unlocked and active I get ONE notification on the watch AND one of the phone, now I shouldn't get any on the watch, only on the phone if the phone is in use ...

the 2 notifications on the watch are occasionally subtly different, one might show a brief excerpt of the message and the other might say something like, if you are not able to few this message blah blah blah ... you know ... the non HTML part of the email

to me it looks like the watch is getting its own version of the email as well as the phone, seems like an odd behaviour, but hey ho ... anyone got watch OS4 and know if this is fixed in this ?

I've seen a couple of suggestions that mention turning off push for the all mail folder in google mail, but I can't for the life of me find that, any pointers ?

cheers

hogwarts

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2015
London
I have exactly the same thing with an outlook.com email address. I'm hoping it will sort itself out once I get WOS4 installed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.