Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drea97

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
how do I downgrade 9.3.1 back to 8 version? 9.3.1 giving me nothing but a problem web reloading, crashing, freeze keyboard.

Reactions: George Dawes

electronicsguy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2015
Pune, India
You might try a fresh install and setting up as a new phone.
doesn't work.
[doublepost=1460166490][/doublepost]
how do I downgrade 9.3.1 back to 8 version? 9.3.1 giving me nothing but a problem web reloading, crashing, freeze keyboard.
exchange your phone for the same model, but one which hasn't been updated. try to find on craigslist. other than that, there's no way.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
doesn't work.
[doublepost=1460166490][/doublepost]
exchange your phone for the same model, but one which hasn't been updated. try to find on craigslist. other than that, there's no way.
Why doesn't that work, or worth trying at the very least? For plenty people something like that has made a difference to one degree or another many times before.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Yeah, considering 9.3.1 is pretty damned stable, if your iPad is having that many issues it sounds like you need to do a complete restore from backup to do a thorough reinstall of the OS.

drea97

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
Yeah, considering 9.3.1 is pretty damned stable, if your iPad is having that many issues it sounds like you need to do a complete restore from backup to do a thorough reinstall of the OS.

I did a clean restore it still giving me the same issue. I don't think 9.1.3 can't handle original iPad Air.

electronicsguy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2015
Pune, India
Why doesn't that work, or worth trying at the very least? For plenty people something like that has made a difference to one degree or another many times before.

It's not worth trying because it doesn't work... it doesn't work because Apple doesn't allow it... what's the point of spending time on worthless things?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's not worth trying because it doesn't work... it doesn't work because Apple doesn't allow it... what's the point of spending time on worthless things?
How does Apple not allow for someone to do a restore as new as that is one of the basic things that has always been around? :confused:

Zombolo

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2012
Apple need to allow and support iOS downgrade.
Customers only need security updates. Just like OSX.

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
How does Apple not allow for someone to do a restore as new as that is one of the basic things that has always been around? :confused:

You guys are talking about two different things. He's saying restoring and starting as new wont help downgrading the phone. While you mean restoring might help op fix the problem so he doesn't need to downgrade.

To op. Yes restoring and starting as new might help fix your crashes and issues.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You guys are talking about two different things. He's saying restoring and starting as new wont help downgrading the phone. While you mean restoring might help op fix the problem so he doesn't need to downgrade.

To op. Yes restoring and starting as new might help fix your crashes and issues.
Seems like the original comment that was posted about it was in reference to trying that out given that downgrading isn't an option. If the reply to that was in reference to that being used to downgrade, then, sure that won't do anything for it.

electronicsguy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2015
Pune, India

I'm not talking about the ability to restore. I'm talking about what the OP asked...ability to downgrade by doing something..and the answer is its not possible.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'm not talking about the ability to restore. I'm talking about what the OP asked...ability to downgrade by doing something..and the answer is its not possible.
Sure, as was pointed out before. Then it seems someone posted something for the OP to try to troubleshoot and perhaps fix the issues that were being experienced, by essentially going through a fresh restore (again, not to downgrade). That is something that might work as far as helping (not with the downgrade part, but with the issues part).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.