Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
How do i downgrade back to mavericks from yosemite?

using 2013 retina macbook pro 15 inch

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
I love these types of threads because they are almost always from people who are not developers that downloaded a pirated copy of software and installed it on their only computer and usually without a backup no less.

Have fun.

Anarchy99

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2003
CA
I love these types of threads because they are almost always from people who are not developers that downloaded a pirated copy of software and installed it on their only computer and usually without a backup no less.

Have fun.

give the guy the benefit of the doubt
https://appleseed.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/welcome

they are letting anyone apply to get it for free no need to be a pirate, the guys just a noob

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
Can't "downgrade" an OS X installation. You'd have to clean install mavericks via a bootable USB etc. Wonder how you got Yosemite without knowing how to go back in case something bad happened with the installation.

Anitramane

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2013
You can downgrade if you have some time machine thing backup thing or something else thing form you old partition thing.

cookies!

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
Can't "downgrade" an OS X installation. You'd have to clean install mavericks via a bootable USB etc. Wonder how you got Yosemite without knowing how to go back in case something bad happened with the installation.

It's not that hard. I'm sure it's up on torrent sites everywhere.

Boe11

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2010
How do i downgrade back to mavericks from yosemite?

using 2013 retina macbook pro 15 inch

What a helpful bunch around here, huh?

Boot up holding option-command-r to launch internet recovery (it's different than just holding option and going to recovery). This will allow you to recover with mountain lion instead of being relegated to trying to install Yosemite again.

Best of luck.

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
What a helpful bunch around here, huh?

Boot up holding option-command-r to launch internet recovery (it's different than just holding option and going to recovery). This will allow you to recover with mountain lion instead of being relegated to trying to install Yosemite again.

Best of luck.

thanks so much

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.