Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dwayne00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2020
Hello,
I'm trying to downgrade from El Capitan to Yosemite. I've down a lot of research and have tried the code below to create a bootable disk but when I enter the code I get the message "/Volumes/Untitled is not a valid volume mount point." I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Is there an easier way to do this?

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --nointeraction

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hello,
I'm trying to downgrade from El Capitan to Yosemite. I've down a lot of research and have tried the code below to create a bootable disk but when I enter the code I get the message "/Volumes/Untitled is not a valid volume mount point." I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Is there an easier way to do this?

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --nointeraction
You need to substitute the "Untitled" in /Volumes/Untitled with the actual name of the disk you're trying to make the bootable installer.

dwayne00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2020
The name of the disk is untitled. Do I need to give it an actual name?

dwayne00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2020
I went back and checked it and everything pertaining to the name untitled matches. The disk is name "Untitled" as the same in the command line but I still got the error.

dwayne00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2020
Great news, so I renamed it Yosemite and configured the command for it and it worked. Go figure... But it worked. Thank you all so much for the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.