Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alpez

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
Hi

Stupid me updated my pad to 15, 2 weeks ago i tried to downgrade it ... Too late ... apple stopped signing 14.8 :(

Can i with a jailbreak downgrade to 14.4.2 or any ios 14 (best ios for my older ipad) ?

/alexis

sovre

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2019
can it be downgraded with jailbreak to ios 14.8 and then remove jailbreak and stay on ios 14.8 ?
Once you're on 15, there's no way back, unfortunately. The EU is trying to frame laws to make it illegal for companies not to allow software downgrades. If they can really put those kind of laws into force, there is some hope it will become possible to downgrade your device to any previous version of ios - that will be the best thing to happen to the jailbreaking community in a long time. Of course we know Apple wants to keep us locked out of our own devices, so I'm not 100% optimistic on this. Even if they make it possible in the EU to comply with new laws, they will probably fight tooth and nail to keep everyone else restricted. Keep your fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.