Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
I keep getting this message "the iphone could not be restored declined to authorize" how can this be fixed?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I keep getting this message "the iphone could not be restored declined to authorize" how can this be fixed?
Break into Apple HQ. Find out where they have the digital signing servers, then go to that physical location. Break in there, defeat the system security and instruct the system to resign the version of iOS that you want to downgrade to.

Escape. Go home. Downgrade.

You'll need to avoid Apple security and the cops.

Or bribe someone inside Apple to resign your version of iOS.

Otherwise, you can't 'fix' what isn't broken. Apple stops digitally signing older versions of iOS in order to stop exactly the thing you want to do.

teeshot44

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2015
US
You could try to find a used phone that still has the version on it that you want.

Openworld1234

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2019
This is the main reason to remain on ios 13 till all the bugs get ironed out once Apple stop signing the older version you are pretty screwed no way back.......

Thank god my iphone 11 pro still on ios 13.3 been flawless for 11 months not had one app crashed on me rock stable.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Unfortunately, you can't, as Apple has stopped signing iOS 13. It's frustrating because there are many legitimate reasons to want to go back to an earlier version of iOS (bugs, degraded performance, incompatibility with apps, etc). It's quite easy to do on MacOS, and they certainly could make it easy on iOS but just choose not to.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
This is the main reason to remain on ios 13 till all the bugs get ironed out once Apple stop signing the older version you are pretty screwed no way back.......

Thank god my iphone 11 pro still on ios 13.3 been flawless for 11 months not had one app crashed on me rock stable.
But there also have been quite a few iOS 13 updates since 13.3 as well.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
…and they certainly could make it easy on iOS but just choose not to.
More than that, they actively work to make it difficult.

You can do this if you jailbreak, but you have to have the blobs saved for the version of iOS you want to downgrade to. That was easier to do pre-iOS 6, but Apple changed things in iOS 6 and then added APTicket in iOS 7. Then along came the secure enclave at some point. So now, every duck has to be lined up, the big one (SHSH blobs) before hand.

Stock iOS? No way.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I assume if I got a new iPhone 11 or Pro, it would not have iOS 14 on it ?
It's hard to know. If you got it from Apple, I assume it would have iOS 14. If you got it from some supplier that doesn't turn stock over that quickly, you might still get iOS 13.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.