Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markt88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
It seems the window has now closed on downgrading to 9.3.1.

Now errors 3194 on iTunes on restore :( anyone else have the same problem?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008

What device? According to https://ipsw.me/all 9.3.1 is still being signed on iPad Pro, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6+ (Only devices I looked at, but I would assume its the same). With that being said, it won't be supported for much longer.

Nevrsadie

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2006
Dark side of the monitor
I'm running 9.3.2 on a 6s+, AT&T. Three days so far, no problems.
1394 here also. I'm having major problems with 9.3.2. Screen freezing randomly, sometimes for a long while. Locking and unlocking repeatedly will fix it eventually. But this is the most unusable piece of garbage update i have ever had since getting my first iphone 3g. And now my only fix, downgrading to 9.3.1, has been closed. GRRRRRRRRRR

Reactions: menace3

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
1394 here also. I'm having major problems with 9.3.2. Screen freezing randomly, sometimes for a long while. Locking and unlocking repeatedly will fix it eventually. But this is the most unusable piece of garbage update i have ever had since getting my first iphone 3g. And now my only fix, downgrading to 9.3.1, has been closed. GRRRRRRRRRR
Why has it been closed if it's still listed as being signed? :confused:

OldNewby

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2013

No backups on iTunes from 9.1 or earlier(restore from backup option)? I now wait for the last version of OSx and upgrade to another bootable drive so I can always re-download from the App Store and have access to an OS otherwise unavailable. ALWAYS BACKUP before you "upgrade", Apple pulls this stuff randomly thru updates: some are good, some a nightmare (they don't care, we're ALL beta-testors). SELL your stock, they are going down in slo-mo...

grgsiocl

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2015
I have the same problem since 3 days and I thought the problem is with PC . Spotlight / SIRI suggestions also stopped working for me ...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Its not being signed anymore. That website must not be up to date.
I believe that site and some other similar ones have some sort of a continuous check with Apple servers to see what is being signed and what isn't, so if they list something as being signed then that should be the case.

Nevrsadie

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2006
Dark side of the monitor
I believe that site and some other similar ones have some sort of a continuous check with Apple servers to see what is being signed and what isn't, so if they list something as being signed then that should be the case.
I realize the site says it is still being signed. But 3194 is the error you get when it is not. Either way I am unable to roll back to 9.3.1.

Reactions: grgsiocl

MikeyMike01

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2010
SELL your stock, they are going down in slo-mo...

scare.gif

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Perhaps thats not the ONLY fix. Try resetting all settings. 9.3.2 has been pretty stable for most users. Sounds like there may be sosme isolated issue with your device or setup. And 3194 I believe is typically an indicator of a connectivity issue with Apple servers.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I realize the site says it is still being signed. But 3194 is the error you get when it is not. Either way I am unable to roll back to 9.3.1.
Is that an error directly related to it not being signed?

Nevrsadie

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2006
Dark side of the monitor
9.3.3 or 10.0 cant come soon enough. My phone is so unreliable atm. I have never dealt with a software bug so bad that even a restore does not fix it. After resetting all settings I did a restore from backup, no luck. I then did a clean restore and setup as new, still same issue.

Reactions: menace3

menace3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Seattle, WA
I got it to download this morning. It completed, but did not install as I was already late for work.

I cannot even sign into my phone sometimes because of this freezing nonsense. I have to do a soft reset 2 - 4 times a day. Though, i turned off wi-fi today and I did not have the issue. Then I turned it on minutes ago and it froze.

Nevrsadie

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2006
Dark side of the monitor
I got it to download this morning. It completed, but did not install as I was already late for work.

I cannot even sign into my phone sometimes because of this freezing nonsense. I have to do a soft reset 2 - 4 times a day. Though, i turned off wi-fi today and I did not have the issue. Then I turned it on minutes ago and it froze.
Downloading isnt the problem. Its when you try and restore in itunes that you get the error. And I feel your pain, just totally unreliable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.