Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kestasm

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2017
I would really like to go back to 16. Because the automation doesn't work anymore, the TV doesn't turn on the lights anymore

panjandrum

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2009
United States
Yep, this is just one of many examples of how MS now does many things vastly better than Apple, which is a true shame. (For those who don't know, MS allows for easy rollbacks of both major and minor updates. If there was an MS TV it would very likely allow you to fix new issues introduced by updates simply by reverting to the prior OS revision - a massive boon to everyone. Assuming MS propagated that same policy across an ecosystem rather than just Windows itself.)

Killbynumbers

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2019
Find a used one somewhere running 16 and don’t let it update.
I have three Apple TVs from when I owned a house. I moved into an apartment two years ago and only needed two. I put in the closet and kept the other two updated. The third one I just got out and replaced one of them because it is on an old version from probably 2021. I like it because it starts playing a TV season in my purchases where I left off unlike the latest version. The latest version always wants to start at season 1 episode 1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.