Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yaelism

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
Hi all,
I have iPhone 5 - version 10.3.3. The phone is preeeety preeeety slow. Granted, it's an old phone. But I don't recall it being this unbearable. Will it help to downgrade the version? If so, which one and mostly, how?

Thank you!

(never EVER switch to android with which I'm stuck with now but still play with my beloved antique iPhone 5..(◞‸ლ)

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
You're probably better off upgrading to iOS 11, which is the current version. But I would wait until iOS 12 is released later this week and install that instead.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
You're probably better off upgrading to iOS 11, which is the current version. But I would wait until iOS 12 is released later this week and install that instead.
An iPhone 5 is as upgraded as it can be on 10.3.3.
[doublepost=1536757458][/doublepost]
Hi all,
I have iPhone 5 - version 10.3.3. The phone is preeeety preeeety slow. Granted, it's an old phone. But I don't recall it being this unbearable. Will it help to downgrade the version? If so, which one and mostly, how?
Downgrading would put you in a situation where app compatibility becomes a big hassle. Apps have largely dropped any support for older versions of iOS.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
^^^This.

Apple does not allow downgrades and actively works to prevent that by deliberately not signing older firmware versions.

AxlTJ

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2018
My iPhone 5 is still pretty fast as expected for the device. Are you sure there isn't anything else in your phone that's causing the problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.