Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loganfrye

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2014
My semi-tethered jailbroken ipod touch 4th gen is currently running iOS 6.1.3 as it has been for a long while. I am really starting to miss iOS 5 and I am really nit-picky about the littlest things about it (Like the classic silver status bar with green battery, rounded edges on the keyboard, the old app store layout, old shiny settings icon etc.) I guess you could say I am growing nostalgia for the classic ios look. (ios 5 and below - 2011 and below)
I first got my ipod with ios 5 and I haven't jailbroken it until 6.1.3. That means that I do not have shsh blobs for anything other than 6.1.3.

Is there any other way to downgrade back to ios 5.1.1 without any shsh blobs business? i understand the concept of shsh blobs and how they are specific to your device and since I don't have them for 5.1.1 I can't downgrade the classic way. But is there any different methods I could try that don't involve shsh blobs? Or one where something somehow creates shsh blobs for 5.1.1?

Willl anything else work or am I just dreaming? :(

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I believe you're out of luck, there's no way to get back to such an old OS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.