Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scared-Set-1171

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2022
Hi everyone,
i have a set of questions. So I will take steps:
1. I am using iPhone SE 2nd generation (with ios 15.4 installed on it), my phone is still under active warranty.
2. Before updating to 15.4 (1.5 days ago), I was running ios 14.
3. I was more happy with ios 14 that I had than ios 15.4 in terms of reliability, battery consumption and overall usage (animations and moving around system in ios 15.4 is somehow slow, buggy, and needs more time to open apps). I know it is impossible to downgrade to ios 14 now because it is not signed anymore by Apple.
4. So I was looking for solutions yesterday, but I have not found anything useful.
Questions:
1. Is it somehow possible over time for these problems to solve by themselves (or future update to ios 15.4.1) ?
2. Can I somehow jailbreak my iPhone, install ios 14, then remove jailbreak and stay on ios 14 ?
3. Will my warranty be still active after that ?
4. Any recommendations welcome.
Thanks in advance !!

sovre

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2019
Hi everyone,
i have a set of questions. So I will take steps:
1. I am using iPhone SE 2nd generation (with ios 15.4 installed on it), my phone is still under active warranty.
2. Before updating to 15.4 (1.5 days ago), I was running ios 14.
3. I was more happy with ios 14 that I had than ios 15.4 in terms of reliability, battery consumption and overall usage (animations and moving around system in ios 15.4 is somehow slow, buggy, and needs more time to open apps). I know it is impossible to downgrade to ios 14 now because it is not signed anymore by Apple.
4. So I was looking for solutions yesterday, but I have not found anything useful.
Questions:
1. Is it somehow possible over time for these problems to solve by themselves (or future update to ios 15.4.1) ?
2. Can I somehow jailbreak my iPhone, install ios 14, then remove jailbreak and stay on ios 14 ?
3. Will my warranty be still active after that ?
4. Any recommendations welcome.
Thanks in advance !!

1. yes it's possible - but if you keep updating your phone, you will be less likely to be able to jailbreak it when a jailbreak is released, so best to stay on lowest version
2. no way back from 15. we have have to be patient

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.