Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Ive recently upgraded on my iPad to iOS9 and ive seen some serious bugs. The tablet would freeze, shutdown and unable to restart unless i did the reset boot procedure.
I believe that iOS9 has issues and therefore i want to downgrade to iOS8. Is it possible and how?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What iPad version is it? Generally speaking it's not something that's possible though.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
Because your iPad checks with Apple's servers before installing any iOS to see if it's a signed, valid, and untampered with, and Apple stopped signing iOS 8 shortly after iOS 9 was released.
That's how it works with every new iOS.

Reactions: jdogg836

skyperbon

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
All over the WWW...
Sorry, but it is not possible to downgrade to iOS 8 any longer as Apple has stopped signing that version of iOS. Apple usually stops signing older version of iOS a few weeks after they release a newer version.

One can stay on the old version of iOS without updating to a newer version, but once updated, it is impossible to downgrade to an older version.

asv56kx3088

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
Ive recently upgraded on my iPad to iOS9 and ive seen some serious bugs. The tablet would freeze, shutdown and unable to restart unless i did the reset boot procedure.
I believe that iOS9 has issues and therefore i want to downgrade to iOS8. Is it possible and how?
It is not possible to downgrade to iOS 8. At this moment I would suggest you restore the iPad and give it one more try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.