Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Qizmo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
Hey guys :) this is my first Thread on here , hope you guys can help me out ,
First of all , im a song writer , and what i do mainly is record Voice memo's to reminds my self of melodies in my head ,

i have over 1300 memos on my phone , and i want them all on my Mac computer as actual files , not something saved in Itunes ,
and yes i "COULD" select EVERY single 1300 memos and send them to my mail one by one , but that is so counterintuitive ,

so what most tutorials told me to do is sync them into my computer's iTunes,and Drag and drop from itunes , or right click the memos and copy and paste on a folder , but when i do that , the only options i get are (add to device ) and ( get info )

I dont know what to do anymore ,ive tried everything ,

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Well…there they are!

You’ll notice if you “right-click” and select show in Finder that they’re in a “Voice Memos” folder and, inconveniently, are not named the same as they are in iTunes.

Qizmo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
Well…there they are!

You’ll notice if you “right-click” and select show in Finder that they’re in a “Voice Memos” folder and, inconveniently, are not named the same as they are in iTunes.
yes . but those are not actuall files .. i want the real files The .MP4 Files ,

Qizmo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
Not sure what you’re doing. It can’t be “yes” AND they’re not real files. Either you can right click and “Show in Finder” or you can’t.
well i cant , and thats why i made this thread :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.