Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KOTULCN

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
Is there a way to download your entire music library to your iOS device if you subscribe (and use iTunes Match)? I’d rather have all of my owned music on my iPhone than have to waste LTE data to listen to music.

KOTULCN

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
That cannot be the only option. That seems ludicrous. I’d rather turn off Match. and just download my entire library to my iPhone.

Last edited:

Jjayf

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2015
Your phone will not sync music from iTunes on your computer if you have iCloud library enabled. The only way I have found to download everything local to the phone is to turn off iCloud library and sync your personal music to the phone with iTunes, then turn on iCloud library and manually download the cloud music.
If someone has a better way, I’d love to hear it.

Cayden

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2014
Utah
I’ve used the method in the 9 to 5 link since Apple Music came out and it’s worked fine for me. Whenever I restore I just click download on the playlist and it downloads all of them. For my library of around 3,600 songs it takes a few hours but it’s not extremely long

Reactions: sontran23
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.