Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sebmar.nl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2022
Hi everyone,

I’m thinking of getting an iPad mini 64 Gb to use as an entertainment device to accompany my iPhone 13 pro. I intend to only use it to stream content from Netflix, HBOmax, prime video, Disney plus etc. downloading from these will also be done, but I intend to do this in the lower quality offered in the various apps. I know Netflix allows standard and higher quality downloads, prime allows three levels of quality etc.
I’d like to know if the lower / standard filesize will be an issue when watching on a screen the size of an iPad mini or of it will be really noticeable and a possibly annoying.
The jump from 64 to 264 Gb is not one I’d like to make if I don’t need to.
I won’t use the iPad for much else than viewing movies / shows, reading online magazines, YouTube and won’t be installing any other large apps.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I just tried it on my Mini 6 - downloaded an episode of The Sandman in Standard quality. It looked fine on the Mini.

Reactions: max2

Frankras

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Its fine in standard. Take bohemian rhapsody is about 550 mb in standard and 1,5 gb in high.

So 64 gb is fine.

Reactions: max2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.