Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MJ22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2017
Thread title says it. I have Apple Music, but prefer to buy the songs because who knows how long I will want to subscribe to AM, so I just want to have them as my own paid for copy.

Anymore when I download songs on iTunes they do not show up in my AM library. If I search for the song, I can add it to a playlist and then it shows up. But I’m not sure if I ever stopped subscribing, it would stay in my library. When I go to the recent downloads in iTunes, there’s an icon to download it but after a few seconds it goes back to the cloud download icon and does not download.

My login for iTunes is different than my iCloud login. I have logged out of iCloud and logged back in and then some songs appear but then all kinds of stuff on my phone has to re-download. That is annoying.

Can anyone help me fix this?

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
First problem is obviously the different Apple ID.
Second, I don't believe that purchasing songs through iTunes are supposed to be added to your Apple Music library automatically. What you can do is download the tracks through iTunes to your computer and then add the downloaded files to the Music app. But sort of defeats the purpose of a streaming library. I do that for music that I purchase elsewhere (or also for a few albums I purchased through iTunes Store in the Music app and downloaded because they were not available through Apple Music directly).

Reactions: MJ22
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.