Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phl92

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2020
I went Sounds&Haptics and wanted a new Ringtone. I went in the Tune Store and bought for 1€ a song. Then I clicked on Download all purchased songs. Nothing happening. i cant select the new song as my new ringtone as its not showing up nowhere. What I am doing wrong?

hyelton

macrumors member
May 23, 2015
I went Sounds&Haptics and wanted a new Ringtone. I went in the Tune Store and bought for 1€ a song. Then I clicked on Download all purchased songs. Nothing happening. i cant select the new song as my new ringtone as its not showing up nowhere. What I am doing wrong?

What tune store? iTunes? You need to use a computer to create the ringtone. Or find the steps to make it using garage band.

You can’t just simply add ringtones on an iPhone like android devices.

phl92

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2020
You want to tell me that on a iPhone you cannot have a song as a ringtone?

phl92

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2020
My god Apple I hate you! So I just purchased a song and now I cant use it? I find this even scammy from Apple since they let this look in the settings as you just have to buy a song in their Store and then use it. There is no info that there is a seperation between ringtones and ordinary songs.
Then how I make a ringtone out of it? i have an Mac with Garage band on it.

Last edited:

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
My god Apple I hate you! So I just purchased a song and now I cant use it? I find this even scammy from Apple since they let this look in the settings as you just have to buy a song in their Store and then use it. There is no info that there is a seperation between ringtones and ordinary songs.
Then how I make a ringtone out of it? i have an Mac with Garage band on it.
( FU Apple !!)

Reactions: phl92

iphonejunkie99

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2021
A long time ago I used an app on my Android device that let me download any song I wanted then cut any piece of the song and use it as a ringtone or text alert. I know something like this will probably not exist for iPhone but is there any way to get a song (without actually buying one from any digital store) and cut the part I want then transfer it to iTunes? I have a subscription to Amazon Music so I'm not against paying for music however, I don't want to buy a song just to cut a clip of it to use as a ringtone or text alert. I know Windows PC's can be much less restrictive to accomplish something like this so any advice anyone has on websites or apps for Windows that I can use to accomplish this would be appreciated.

iphonejunkie99

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2021
A long time ago I used an app on my Android device that let me download any song I wanted then cut any piece of the song and use it as a ringtone or text alert. I know something like this will probably not exist for iPhone but is there any way to get a song (without actually buying one from any digital store) and cut the part I want then transfer it to iTunes? I have a subscription to Amazon Music so I'm not against paying for music however, I don't want to buy a song just to cut a clip of it to use as a ringtone or text alert. I know Windows PC's can be much less restrictive to accomplish something like this so any advice anyone has on websites or apps for Windows that I can use to accomplish this would be appreciated.
Also, I currently have iPhone 11 Pro Max running iOS 14.4.2

ybbbbbbb

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2021
乌鲁木齐
In China, this is a very simple thing.you need https://www.i4.cn/

Attachments

• 3F28CCC8-E815-414A-A4A7-97AC253F6DFE.png
    3F28CCC8-E815-414A-A4A7-97AC253F6DFE.png
    207 KB · Views: 50
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.