Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thelucas

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2013
I am certain this topic has been discussed but I don't think I'm using the correct search terms to solve my issue. Here goes...

Over the years, I purchased, ripped from CDs, downloaded from Napster/Limewire (LOL) many songs (1000s?). At some point (was it Apple Match?) I uploaded all those songs to the Apple cloud. Eventually, Apple's latest iteration Apple Music appeared. Also, over the years, I went through many computers and didn't do a good job of properly archiving my music thinking that all my music was safe in the Apple cloud.

Now, my music consists of those songs I uploaded to Apple servers over the years and songs I'm streaming through my Apple Music subscription.

QUESTION: Is there a way I can download and archive all the music I own (those songs I uploaded to Apple servers and are not part of the Apple Music subscription)? If so, how? The Playlist I have in iTunes only has a few songs. There should be many more songs on that playlist if it is supposed to show all songs I purchased over the years or owned.

Thanks for your time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.