Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacKenzie999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2002
Boston
Hey everyone...
One of my downtime projects has been tidying up my iTunes music library, and I have discovered an old Apple ID I completely forgot about, it must be ten years old or more. The email address is still good though, and I was able to update the password using that.
The way I discovered this was going through tracks that refused to play, saying the computer was not authorized to play them, and it gave me the old email address attached to that account.
So, what I would like to do is download any music attached to this old account and add it to my current account which I've been using since the .Mac days. Is there any way to do this online? I hesitate to simply change the authorization on my computer because I have had some iTunes disasters in the past and would like to avoid any such situation.
Current system is a 2017 5K iMac running Mojave. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Something to try...

Create a second account, sign that into the old Apple ID, download. Copy the music files to an external drive. Go back into the main account and import from external.

Do a couple at first, as a test drive. And make sure you got a good backup of the main Music folder before trying this.

MacKenzie999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2002
Boston
Something to try...

Create a second account, sign that into the old Apple ID, download. Copy the music files to an external drive. Go back into the main account and import from external.

Do a couple at first, as a test drive. And make sure you got a good backup of the main Music folder before trying this.

That helped, thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.