Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlmightyKang

macrumors 6502
Nov 20, 2023
Ok managed to fix mine!

1. Select all -> Play Slideshow. Wait for them all to download. Gets stuck with 122 left.
2. Go to deleted photos and permanently delete what is left in there.
3. Close photos.app with Cmd+Q
4. Open it from Applications folder while holding down Option+Cmd and double clicking it
5. Tell it to repair the library
6. Hangs for about 10 minutes sending stuff back and forth to iCloud

Now I have this!

1704032877027.png

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
I’m trying to avoid the manual forcing of syncing the library. Has anyone else seen more movement recently? I still am stuck with only about 10% of my low res previews showing, let alone the originals. Have tried wiping the machine and starting fresh again, no dice. It’s as if the system is not even trying to download the files, there’s no nsurlsessiond or cloudd movement at all.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Tried repairing the library. Tried turning off iCloud Photos and shared albums, rebooting, and turning them back on. Tried booting into safe mode. Tried exporting to the downloads folder. Nothing at all is working. Have spent all night messing with this. It's going to drive me nuts when some engineer from Apple gets back from holiday break tomorrow and flips some switch on the iCloud server side and it all just starts working again lol.

angelofioren

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2015
Mont-Saint-Hilaire, QC
I have been monitoring mine since it started working again and it seems to continue to work. I checked this morning and all the photos we took yesterday and added to the shared library have downloaded. I did notice a few times where there were not downloaded but I waited and the next time I checked all was synced. This is definitely something that seems to start and stop but not as bad as it was a few weeks ago where it just didn’t work.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
So yesterday evening it just… started working. Nothing I did, Photos wasn’t even open. Just saw the system was starting to exchange 5-10MB/s and realized looking at the processes that it decided to start loading my library.

This morning, all 24k photo originals are downloaded and iCloud is synced.

There must have been some problem on the server end that they were probably slow to address due to to holidays.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.