Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
I usually stream shows in HD through my Apple TV when at home, but download the SD versions to put on my iPad (to watch while traveling), since they take much less room. I recently bought a TV show in HD that is no longer available in the store (Breaking Bad seasons 1-4 "boxset").

Now I can't find a way to download the SD versions of the episodes anymore. :( When I go to the "Purchased" section in the store, the show is only available in HD. When I uncheck the "Download HD When Available" option at the bottom, the show disappears (I could swear this was not the case earlier :confused:). Since the show is no longer available in the store anymore, I also cannot re-download the episodes from the show's store page. This seems really stupid. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Rigby

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Just wanted to mention that the issue is resolved. :) Apparently Apple updated the store. It is now possible again to download the SD versions from the Purchased section in the iTunes store. The HD shows no longer disappear when you uncheck the "Download HD when available" option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.