Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Regulus_21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2021
I've purchased logic pro x just a few days ago.

In a process of installing logic pro x from the app store, there was no problem with it. However, after they asked me to download all available sound library which are brought for free with logic pro x at first it shows me remaining time to download this sound library is over 422 hours, which is crazy. So I checked my wifi's downloading speed through "fast.com" but it shows 52mb/s, which is normal. Also, power cable is connected to my MacBook pro 16.

How can I reduce the time to download the sound library???

Dockland

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2021
Sweden
I've purchased logic pro x just a few days ago.

In a process of installing logic pro x from the app store, there was no problem with it. However, after they asked me to download all available sound library which are brought for free with logic pro x at first it shows me remaining time to download this sound library is over 422 hours, which is crazy. So I checked my wifi's downloading speed through "fast.com" but it shows 52mb/s, which is normal. Also, power cable is connected to my MacBook pro 16.

How can I reduce the time to download the sound library???

I installed Logic Pro (actually two times, did a system reinstall of MacOS) the other week on my 1Gb/s it took and it took approx 1h. 422h sounds weird. Did use cable connection thou (It's a Mac Mini M1)

Ubele

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2008
I assume the OP has resolved this by now. When downloads seem inordinately slow to me, I check my Internet connection speed with the free Speedtest by Ookla app -- not only on my Mac but also on my iPad and iPhone. I have a 200/200 Mbps Internet connection, and I normally get at least 150 Mbps.
  • If it's significantly slower only on my Mac, I reboot my Mac, although I can't recall that ever happening.
  • If it's slow on all my devices, I reboot my router, which almost always fixes the problem.
  • In the rare case that it doesn't, it's usually a temporary problem with my ISP that soon gets resolved.
  • If my connection speed is high on all devices, it means there's a temporary problem on Apple's end (or whatever site I'm trying to download from).
The full Logic sound library is huge and took four or five hours to download the first time. I've installed it more than once on different computers over the years, and I'll usually start the download when I'm done using my computer for the day.

Reactions: Dockland and chabig
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.