Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

riverer

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
Would appreciate some help!

I got the new Ipad pro pretty soon after it came out and absolutely love it, but I'm having some issues with drag and drop.

The way I saw this working was being able to drag images or text from a web browser into word or powerpoint which was running next to it, making it much quicker and easier for me to produce lesson powerpoints or resources for work. Currently using a lot of images is a hassle since they all need to be saved to camera roll, then imported, then deleted from camera roll.

I've tried this with chrome and the MS office apps and it doesn't work for images or text, so I tried it with the apple work apps and safari and it doesn't work with those either...

Did I jump to conclusions on what drag and drop would be like, is it coming in the final release or am I just doing something wrong?!

Dave-Z

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
Try it with native/bundled apps, like Safari to Mail. It does work. For apps not included with the OS you’ll have to wait for the final release of iOS 11 then those apps to be updated.

IndianBird

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
AppAdvice app already works with drag and drop. I believe the Readdle apps work as well, but only with each other for now.

fox1401

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2015
Try it with native/bundled apps, like Safari to Mail. It does work. For apps not included with the OS you’ll have to wait for the final release of iOS 11 then those apps to be updated.

It doesn't work with Safari to Pages. Also, for some websites, you might have to switch to reader mode to drag the images.

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
I've not tried it from Safari to Pages, but I have done it with no problems from Apple mail app to Pages, it worked fine.

I just tested it on my IPP 9.7” and drag and drop is not working for me from mail/safari to pages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.