Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrBitchen

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2012
California
AIR DISPLAY You *******!!

I almost wiped my whole computer because of Air Display. If you are having this problem try that first. It's not enough to just delete it from your preference Pane either you have to use the script that installed when you first loaded it into your system. I was able to spotlight search and found the uninstaller still on my system. After that everything was fine again. :apple:

rotfa

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2013
Fixed the issue

Hi,

I had the same problem with Mountain Lion and an old 2008 MBP.
I have airparrot installed, and they confirm on their page that this is a problem with the graphical driver.
I searched for an update of the nvidea geforce 9400M driver at the nvidea site and installed the latest driver from their site. This resolved the problem for me.

I downloaded the following drivert: http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-3.2.17-driver.html

Hope that helps others as well

maclover19

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2013
One Thing That Might Help

ok, I just had this problem happen to me, and what you should do is, make sure you have never had a wireless mouse, (that is not apple of course) and then detach the USB receiver for the other brand mouse. Disable bluetooth, then restart. If this does not solve the problem, then reinstall mac osx. I am running osx 10.8.3 and I think this will work on any os. Also try to relaunch the finder, with command option and escape, then press enter!:D

Soundgirl

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2013
LOS ANGELES
Files sticking to the cursor

Hi...
I've been searching the forums for an answer to this problem and haven't yet found a fix. Yesterday, on both my Mac Pro and my Mac Book Pro (both about a year old), files started sticking to my cursor and I'm not able to move them. If I hit ESC, the cursor lets go, but the file goes back to it's original position. I HAVE NOT installed Air Display or Air Parrot, or Air anything. Additionally, when I am working within a program such as Pro Tools or even just on the internet, if I click within the window, oftentimes the desktop will change to the date/time display. If I put the computer to sleep, the problem goes away for maybe 10 minutes. There has got to be a better fix than this. Any answers out there? Pretty please?

no1uknow

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2009
ctrl + shift +eject

If your drag and drop is not working on bootup.

ctrl + shift +eject

Then, login again... And it should be fixed.

Macaver

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2014
Macaver

Here it is years later and I am having the same problem with the sticky cursor. I can't drag and drop in os x 7 Lion. I just installed it. I don't have AirDisplay or any other 3rd party apps. Does anyone know yet how to disable this problem? I read on another thread that one could go to Activity Monitor and look for "warmd user: nobody". I found it but I can't throw it away, delete it or anything.

FransinSG

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2015
I have similar issues but for me I know it's the third party USB mouse I've got attached to my iMac. Once this happens I can either remove the USB mouse and plug it in again or reboot the system...

If you are using a third party peripherals it's a good idea to try this as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.