Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bladery

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hey guys,

Sometimes I use the drag and drop function for text but I experienced two behaviors...

1. When I select a sentence and want to put it somewhere else in the text, it will just take the sentence and put in the desired position.
2. Sometimes it won’t just take the sentence and put it there, but it will also leave the sentence on the old position (iOS then copied the sentence instead of just moved it).

I noticed that there sometimes is a green plus sign which means that the text will be copied instead of just moved.
But how can I influence the behavior?

Thank you!

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Hey guys,

Sometimes I use the drag and drop function for text but I experienced two behaviors...

1. When I select a sentence and want to put it somewhere else in the text, it will just take the sentence and put in the desired position.
2. Sometimes it won’t just take the sentence and put it there, but it will also leave the sentence on the old position (iOS then copied the sentence instead of just moved it).

I noticed that there sometimes is a green plus sign which means that the text will be copied instead of just moved.
But how can I influence the behavior?

Thank you!
Depends on what app you are dragging from. Behavior is up to the source app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.