Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
I have it, it came with my DVD duplicating tower. I have it installed on my machine and ran it, but I have never used it to burn anything, I just use Toast.

I'll give it a go and write back here.

continuum

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2004
Beautiful Lake Tahoe
way off subject but I totally dig your Wil Ferrel "Don't Fear the Reaper" avatar!!!! that rocks!

By the way...I've heard good things about Dragonburn elsewhere. never used it myself though. I guess it depends on your needs.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
what is the point of all these other burning apps? how hard is it just to burn a DVD or CD? :confused: i thought that Toast was just accepted at the standard app for burning CD's? why bother with anything else? but i guess, different apps for different folks...

Laslo, i love your 'tar as well. :D

edit >> i was just looking at some screenshots of DragonBurn... they use a clip from that most crappy of crap software Ulead Media Studio Pro for thier VCD screenie. i'm quite disappointed...

Harmonz

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2004
Dragon Burn has worked well for me.
dozens of DVD and CDs burned just fine.
No reservation in recommending.

I had a problem with my System and needed to back-up apps and files, having decided to reformat the drive. Toast kept getting an error message and failed to do the job. Dragon Burn got the job done. I suspect that the nod went to Dragon Burn on this because Toast had been on the system and perhaps became corrupt in someway, and I could not find a way to correct that, no matter what I trashed and reinstalled. Dragon Burn was fresh to the system. Otherwise, I considered that Toast was making a call to the system that was rejected and Dragon Burn handled it differently. All useless speculation but such as it is.

No Hesitation to Recommend Dragon Burn.

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
cb911 said:
what is the point of all these other burning apps? how hard is it just to burn a DVD or CD? :confused: i thought that Toast was just accepted at the standard app for burning CD's? why bother with anything else? but i guess, different apps for different folks...

the point is that Dragon Burn allows for multiple simultaneous disc burning, which is a capability lacking in Toast. the multiple burners don't even have to be the same model. so, I could burn two CDs at the same time, using my internal combo and my external Pioneer 107. if Toast gets the multi-burning feature, that would be tremendous, but for now Dragon Burn does the job.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.