Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rokey

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2011
NC
I'm trying to find the name of the drawing app used in the video introduction of the iPad Pro with Apple Pencil.

apple-pencil-7-970x546-c.jpg

apple-pencil-9-970x546-c.jpg

rokey

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2011
NC
It's the drawing section of the Note's app in iOS9.
haha, is it really? I was just playing with Notes last night on my iPhone 6+ and didn't put it together because of the different screen size I guess. Too funny!

Thank you, Ndalby

rokey

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2011
NC
http://procreate.si/forums/index.php?topic=7030.0

"Procreate was featured in Apple’s keynote presentation on September 9th, announcing the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil. We’re thrilled to have been involved in this and we’ve been working hard to take advantage of the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil. The announcement video for the Apple Pencil was almost entirely shot using Procreate on the iPad Pro – if you look closely, you can see that the version of Procreate in the video looks a bit different. That’s because it’s not Procreate 2.3, or Procreate 2.4. This is no small update."

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
Procreate is nice, but it is a raster image drawing app. You're drawing by spraypainting pixels.
For a vector-based drawing app, iDraw (autodesk Graphic) or inkpad are your best bet.

Last edited:

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Who cares for vectors at 67 mega pixel drawings?
I for one most certainly do - because, depending of course on the drawing subject, it's a lot easier to edit vectorized shapes than raster images.
In Graphic you can draw in mm rather than pixels. I need mm for my drawing work.
Vectorized shapes have a degree of intelligence that sprayed pixels don't have. Apps like GoodNotes and Notes Plus use vectorization to convert handwriting into typed text.

monochromator

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2015
why is it suddenly vector vs raster? Both have different use case. It's like saying a hammer is a much better tool than a saw, which is silly.
I use both Procreate and Idraw (now Graphic) on the iPad for it's different intended purpose.

Reactions: Jessica Lares

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
why is it suddenly vector vs raster? Both have different use case. It's like saying a hammer is a much better tool than a saw, which is silly.
I use both Procreate and Idraw (now Graphic) on the iPad for it's different intended purpose.

I didn't intend to make it into a vector vs raster question, at all.
I thought I made it perfectly clear that vectors served me personally better - due to the nature of my drawings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.