Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peteknok06

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2022
I recently started drawing on an iPad with my daughter. I found that I have the same issues as if it was in a notebook because I’m left handed. My drawing space(and writing) is very minimal at the beginning and as I progress it is covered by my hand. I found that drawing on just a piece of paper on a table top is much easier because the surface between table and paper is even. Does anyone have any suggestions on making this the same for an iPad? The desk I use regularly is one I made, I actually thought about using my router and carving out a space for the iPad to sit in so that the surfaces would be more even.

DaveOZ

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2008
Not cheap but exactly what you are asking for.

dwig

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2015
Key West FL
The Sketchboard or a DIY equivalent (easy if you have a router) would be a good solution. I wouldn't "attack" your desk directly.

peteknok06

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2022
Not cheap but exactly what you are asking for.

Yeah I think I’ll go with the DIY and use my router. Thanks though. Glad my very crude description worked, I couldn’t think of what it would be called.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.