Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericinboston

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
Hi all. I began running the Dream Lab app (https://www.vodafone.com.au/foundation/dreamlab) the other day on my iPhone 7 and iPad Air 2.

Currently my iPhone 7 is crunching about 750 "calculations" per day (left on 24 hours) with its A10 CPU. The Air 2 seems a bit slower such as 500 in a day.

I'm wondering if others here are running the app on iPhones 8 and newer and also iPads newer than the Air 2. It would be great to hear some statistics.

I'm also in the market of deciding to buy used, older iPads or new 2018 models or possibly the upcoming Mini if the price/performance ratio makes sense to dedicate to this cause.

Thanks in advance for your input!

ericinboston

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
I'm checking in to see if anyone's run this app on their iOS and more importantly, if anyone has compared running it on the brand new iPad Pro vs. the 2018 iPad. It would be great to see how the A12x chip compares to the A10.

The newest iOS device I currently own is the iPhone 7Plus which uses the A10.

I'm in the market to buy either iPad Pros or iPads for this project but currently the iPad Pro is much more than 2.4x the price...does it offer more than 2.4x the performance/results for DreamLab? It would be easier, nicer to have fewer devices on WIFI and plugged into the AC outlet(s).

Thanks again!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.