Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waywardsage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 22, 2006
CA
Okay everyone. If apple was comming out with a new Macbook pro soon. What would you want it to have built in? Or as an option to customize it on the apple store?

I vote for the option to have 200GB 7200 RPM hard drives, Blu Ray/ HD DVD drives, eSATA port built in and LED backlit (17" MBP)

Any other ideas on what you want to customize your MBP?

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
250gb harddrive option

or wait a while longer and add a 320gb option

2.6 and 2.8 processor options, they will need to get a lot cooler first

2gb ram standard is still good, its easy and cheap enough to upgrade to 4gb dont really care about the 17" lcd 15" is good for me

as far as a bluray/hddvd drive, there are no slot load drives right now, and they would be really expensive options, so i dont see that being added for a while

bc008

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
maybe a black aluminum one, much like the high end "blackbook" black macbook in the market today.

internal features: 320 GB hard drives, 13 inch option (still same power), 1 GB RAM standard (would bring down price, 3rd party RAM is cheaper) Longer battery life.

alebar14

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2007
Auckland CBD, New Zealand
For this around, I'd probably would say:

Redesigned Macbook Pro 15.4" with black borders around the screen (Like in current iMac) with LED technologies keeping it with aluminium based plus new keyboard composition like in Macbook and iMac

The processor would go from 2.4 Ghz and 2.6 Ghz Penryn Duo Core and hopefully there will be a new introduction for a breakthrough liquid cooling system.

Standard RAM would go 2 GB with 160 GB hard drive at a start point. I'd agree with Squeeks as there will be no Blu Ray slot drive at this time around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.