Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Anyone a fan of Sega's last home console?

Even though it had such a short life, it had a great selection of games imo

I just picked up a Sega Sport Black one, and cant wait for it to arrive

EmlynDewar

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2011
Chengdu, China
I really liked the Dreamcast.
Speed Devils arcade racer was one of the most fun arcade racers I'd played at the time.
Was quite happy at the lack of copy protection also...

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Since it was to play import games, the Dreamcast was my favorite system for puroresu ( pro wrestling ) games.
I burned so many hours in Giant Gram & Fire Pro Wrestling D. Along with playing Powerstone & Outtrigger, the first online shooter I ever played.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I loved the Dreamcast. Played lots of Soul Calibur, Bass Fishing and Ready 2 Rumble Boxing. Unfortunately it didn't have many games. Although it seemed like the graphics were nicer than the PS2. Soul Calibur in particular looked amazing.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I loved the Dreamcast. Played lots of Soul Calibur, Bass Fishing and Ready 2 Rumble Boxing. Unfortunately it didn't have many games. Although it seemed like the graphics were nicer than the PS2. Soul Calibur in particular looked amazing.

it really was better. 480p vga support for most games. Ps2 has few 480p compatible games and they have to be output over component, most are 480i

There’s even dchdmi kits that can pull the digital signal off the board before it converts to analog vga, and displays in crisp hdmi with 1080p integer scaling (not true 1080p graphical output but should be mapped properly)

Reactions: velocityg4

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
Anyone a fan of Sega's last home console?

Even though it had such a short life, it had a great selection of games imo

I just picked up a Sega Sport Black one, and cant wait for it to arrive
If it just had a dvd drive...other than that it was a good system minus windows ce or Microsoft period.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
it really was better. 480p vga support for most games. Ps2 has few 480p compatible games and they have to be output over component, most are 480i

There’s even dchdmi kits that can pull the digital signal off the board before it converts to analog vga, and displays in crisp hdmi with 1080p integer scaling (not true 1080p graphical output but should be mapped properly)

That's interesting to know. As I recall the PS2 looked like garbage when I got my first flat panel TV around 2005. By then the roommate with the Dreamcast moved out. So, I never saw what it looked like on that TV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.