Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacNoobie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
Colorado
The wait is over Studio 8 as well as DW 8, Flash 8 and Fireworks 8 is out now for trial and purchase.

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
mad jew said:
Is their site ironically slow or is that just me? It's not massively slow, but you'd think they'd have really fast/efficient code...
Quite a bit of it is Flash though...

MacNoobie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
Colorado
One thing I've noticed is that DW8 seems a tad bit slower at rendering then MX2004, could be just me but I've noticed it so far. Flash 8 font rendering THANK GOD!!! - I love the new anti alias settings for the fonts but I still haven’t tested whether they fixed the pixel font problem (blurry text if its not on a whole pixel number like 425.3 or 425.8 instead of 425). Flash 8 Video Encoder - Easy to use but the power lies in Flash 8 when you import the .flv video. Haven’t tried Fireworks 8 yet I’m not a big FW fan and prefer Photoshop.

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
I just got the Dreamweaver 8 Trial. Finally they make a decent installer for their products! :rolleyes:

My impression: They're in desperate need to get someone to fix that horrid UI for Dreamweaver! It looks like an app in its alpha stages, beside the fact that it's a lot less responsive than MX 2004 (which is already slow).

MacFan25863

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Tried it and hated it. I'll keep with MX 2004 until they release an update to speed things up. Of course, I never have been one to work well with new versions. I just upgraded to Tiger today :D

Is this app safe to uninstall by just deleting the folder? The installation thing makes me wary of just trashing it, for there may be other files somewhere...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.